- Trying to keep on this blog! Sort of...better than the past! Does that count?
- Find new and fresh teaching ideas for my new school year (Common Core!?) Not much with Common Core yet..but I have found a ton on Pinterest, blogs, and I got some great freebies from the Facebook hop that I was part of this past weekend! :)
- Attending an iPad conference in Chicago! Attended! Check! Learned a lot of things and discovered a lot of great ideas for the upcoming school year. I hope to soon work on a blog post that can review some of my favorite ideas!!!
- Preparing for using our new reading series Reading Wonders in my classroom, which means I am creating a lot of new materials for Teachers Pay Teachers. Anyone else using Reading Wonders? I have not accomplished much when it comes to Reading Wonders. Ugh! I need to get on this!! I really need to be prepared for this new series!!!
- Spending as much quality time as possibly with my beautiful baby girl!! CHECK! :)
- Finishing up some other TPT materials that I have ideas for. I keep adding to my ideas in my TPT journal, they are never ending! :) Keep adding even MORE ideas...haven't finished too many of the ideas.
- Finding time for the pool! :) Only once so far!!! Boooo!!!!!!!!!
- Gaining some new followers of my blog and Facebook site (Stuckey in Second). The more followers, the more ideas I get for my own classroom and I can add to my excitement for the new year! Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I've gained a TON, and I mean TON, of followers on Facebook and some on Blog Lovin' too! The Facebook followers are due to the Facebook Hop that I was invited to be a part of. I was soooooooooooo thrilled!!! I'm finally learning the ropes here and I'm "meeting" some GREAT teachers!! This is one of my favorite things that I've accomplished this summer!!
Unfortunately I only have about 2 weeks left of summer before I need to be in full school mode! So sad! I have a lot to accomplish before then. But, on the positive side, now that I think about it, I have accomplished some other things that I hadn't included on my original list:
- Visiting Milwaukee with the hubby (kids free!)
- Visiting friends in Michigan (a few times)
- Signed up for a 5K Color Me Rad! (whoa!)
- Planned a trip to see Kenny Chesney & Eric Church (we are so excited!)
- CRAFTS!!! I've been very crafty this summer!!! (I plan to write a post about my summer crafts, with pictures of course...totally non-school related!)
- Lunch with quite a few people that I hadn't had time to catch up with in awhile!
- BOUGHT a teacher toolbox (that was easy, now to decorate it..)
If you don't hear from me too much in the next few weeks...it's because I'm enjoying myself!!! Happy Summer!