Since the last time I blogged, I've had a lot going on....like a new baby! Lilly was born in December and just turned 6 months old.
So I guess you could say that I've been busy. I was away from teaching December through March. I had a little bit of a hard time returning, which I'm sure is understandable, and I feel like I just went back to basically finish up the school year and complete the end of year testing. With that said, I'm VERY excited for a totally new school year, to start over, start fresh, and be there the entire year! :)
I'm only one week into summer, but I do have plans to accomplish a lot! Some plans I have this summer:
- Trying to keep on this blog!
- Find new and fresh teaching ideas for my new school year (Common Core!?)
- Attending an iPad conference in Chicago!
- Preparing for using our new reading series Reading Wonders in my classroom, which means I am creating a lot of new materials for Teachers Pay Teachers. Anyone else using Reading Wonders?
- Spending as much quality time as possibly with my beautiful baby girl!!
- Finishing up some other TPT materials that I have ideas for. I keep adding to my ideas in my TPT journal, they are never ending! :)
- Finding time for the pool! :)
- Gaining some new followers of my blog and Facebook site (Stuckey in Second). The more followers, the more ideas I get for my own classroom and I can add to my excitement for the new year!
I have already completed my resource packet for the first week of Reading Wonders! Reading Wonders, Grade 2, Unit 1, Week 1
I also finally completed all 6 units of my Treasures Resources (my previous reading series!) When I decided to create the packets, I started with Unit 3 (what I was teaching at the time!), but they were such a big hit and people were requesting all of the units, so after finishing Units 3-6, I then went back and completed Units 1 and 2.
Click here for all of the Treasures Resources in my TPT Store:Treasures Resources!